Current Job Postings
Innovative Rehabilitation Systems is a growing functional, community-based program for individuals with work or auto sustained brain injuries with a reputation for excellence. We are currently seeking part time and full time Occupational Therapists to provide services in the client's home and community environments in Southeast and Mid-Michigan areas.
We provide intensive individual therapy by fully licensed/certified therapists. All services are performed in the home, community or work place. Therapists need to be creative, flexible and team oriented.
Just what you’re looking for:
- On the job training in the highly competitive field of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Interdisciplinary team atmosphere conducive to learning
- Professional Growth
- Extensive therapy materials available
- Ability to schedule your own clients
- Competitive rate of pay and flexible schedule.
Responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist Position:
- Completes a comprehensive Occupational Therapy and home evaluation including identification of safety issues.
- Provides instruction, evaluation, education and monitoring of advanced ADL skills.
- Integrates cognitive remediation with traditional occupational therapy.
- Assists team with community integration and topographical orientation.
- Recommends adaptive equipment and supplies.
- Assists and treats client for traditional occupational therapy treatment of upper extremities such as fine motor abilities, etc.
- Provides for pre-vocational skill development, scholastic support and/or volunteer work.
- Assists with pre-driving skill development and evaluation.
- Follows the code of ethics and standards of practice set forth by the AOTA.
- Good computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Proficient in planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting treatment.
- Basic experience in advanced ADL’s development and education.
- Ability to develop a basic exercise plan, functional living plan, daily schedules and community integration plans.
- Minimum 1 year general Occupational Therapy experience.
- Experience in Brain Injury/TBI rehabilitation, sensory evaluation and treatment, balance evaluation and treatment or vocational treatment a plus.
- License must be current with the State of Michigan.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org